Our review will cover the Nectar Mattress Protector to see what it is made of and how it protects a mattress. Mattress protectors are designed to do exactly what they sound like, to protect your mattress. Mattress protectors are ideal for those whose mattresses are at risk of damage, such as sleepers who have pets or toddlers.
Not all mattresses on the market come with a removable cover that can be washed, which can be expensive. One reason people use protectors is that they can be cleaned. It is even possible to extend the life of your mattress using mattress protectors, and in some cases, you might even be able to increase its benefits. Following the materials section of the Nectar Mattress Protector page, we will discuss scenarios or combinations in which this is the case.
In this Nectar Mattress Protector Review, we highlight all the features and properties of the Nectar mattress protector.
When discussing a protector, the materials used to create the benefits are crucial, as protectors have minimal layers and materials. In the case of the Nectar Mattress Protector, the material is high quality and offers a variety of natural and engineered benefits.
- The fabric used for the top cover is the first notable material used. Made of 100% Tencel, the top panel has been designed to be as soft as possible because this is the surface that comes in contact with your body. Tencel is produced from the sap of the eucalyptus tree. Lyocell fibers are made by harvesting the sap and manufacturing it in a laboratory. Tencel is a brand name for lyocell fibers manufactured by Lenzing AG. Tencel’s benefits are extensive and are the natural outcome of using the fiber to create a fabric.
Tencel has the following benefits:
Moisture-wicking: Wetness is wicked away from our body and the surface of the protector, thanks to Tencel. Moisture is directed to the fiber core by nanofibrils, sub-microscopic channels.
Dries quickly: It can help stop spills, leaks, or other liquid spills that contact kids or pets.
Non-allergenic: Another benefit is that Tencel fiber is smooth due to its manufacturing process. As a result, the skin feels softer and is less likely to be irritated.
Machine washable: As stated previously, moisture is drawn to the center. Sleeping on a washable surface is ideal for ensuring good health. The dirt, dust, and sweat built up on the protector will be removed by washing it.
Renewable: There is a greater benefit to our planet and the environment. Compared to cotton, Tencel is known to use less water in production and use fewer harmful chemicals and substances during the manufacturing process.
Added to that is the comfort provided by the Nectar Mattress Protector. With a thickness of 0.02mm, this layer is made from 100% polyurethane/PU. Featuring a skirt made of 100% polyester, the Nectar Mattress Protector can be used for mattresses up to 32cm deep.
When considering the best way to utilize the Nectar Mattress Protector, we recommend using it in conjunction with a mattress that offers the same benefits as the Nectar Mattress Protector. For example, a Tencel mattress would be a great match for this protector. In addition, a basic mattress that doesn’t have any additional features can take advantage of this protector, as it will create a protective sleeping surface.
Over time, the Nectar Mattress Protector will prove to be worthwhile because of its 2-year warranty. Any manufacturing flaws will be covered under warranty. Nectar will replace any defective item for you if there is a defect.
Best/Not Best for
You may want to consider Nectar’s Mattress Protector if…
- Breakfast in bed is your favorite. Even so, who hasn’t sipped a glass of wine or a cup of coffee while lying in bed? The smell of a deep red or brown beverage that seeps into the top layers of your mattress kills the mood.
- There is a potty-training child in your family. Foam that has absorbed urine is among the worst odors in the world. You can use this waterproof mattress protector in your toddler’s room to prevent the odor of a soiled diaper.
- In a rental space, you want to protect the mattress. A growing number of people are renting out whole homes and even rooms to travelers. If the bachelorette party has a little too much to drink, your mattress won’t be damaged by spills if Nectar’s mattress protector protects it.
- Make sure your mattress lasts as long as possible. Stains and spills are not much of a problem for bed sheets. The best way to preserve the pristine condition of your mattress is to use a plush, waterproof mattress protector.
- There are pets in your home. Nectar’s mattress protector will not only keep pet accidents from reaching your mattress but will also prevent pet dander from building up in your bed.
Don’t buy Nectar’s Mattress Protector if…
- The cooling technologies of your mattress are not effective when worn under a mattress cover. If you bought a new mattress with extra cooling, you probably spent a pretty penny on it. However, your mattress provider should ensure that special features work with waterproof material and a cotton pad, even though Nectar’s mattress protector is breathable.
- You have an allergy to cotton. Nectar’s Mattress Protector is covered in a quilted cotton cover, and allergic reactions can interrupt a good night’s sleep.
- It’s best to try before you buy. Since no one wants a used mattress protector, Nectar offers a final-sale period instead of a trial period. Within 50 days of delivery, you can return the mattress protector, but only if it has not been removed from its packaging.
Several aspects of the product, service delivery, and more are discussed in customer reviews. If you are still undecided after reading the Nectar Mattress Protector Review, maybe go through some customer reviews to clear up any final doubts or questions you might have.
Several customers describe the protector as thin and delicate, so it is important to read what they say to understand the product better.
A lot can be said about the Nectar mattress protector, which is all positive. If you want to determine if this product is for you, you’ll have to think long and hard about the three most important things that you want from a mattress pad.
Is it necessary that it protects against spills/be waterproof? Must it be breathable? Has to be moisture-wicking? Is there any padding needed? Have you set a budget for mattress pads and are limited to the amount you can spend? You can rest assured that your Nectar mattress protector will deliver everything you’ve asked for, even if you answered “yes” to all of these questions. You can also read our full review on the best mattress available on the market.